It is carried out between two members of the MyHOSTpitality.com community who send a family member for a period of time to learn another language abroad by living with another family. On a reciprocal basis, that family will, in turn, host a member of this family.
Families with teenagers and/or young people who want to organize language exchanges abroad for their children.
Adults who are interested in language learning and want to organize a language exchange abroad.
Generally, for short exchange periods, it is highly recommended that the linguistic exchange is not simultaneous so the period of coexistence between the members is greater.
Exchange members of our community must have the following characteristics:
Example: 3 weeks in England
(1) Based on the average prices of summer courses abroad of several agencies for 2015.
(2) We encourage learning through linguistic immersion with the families in their daily activities. Therefore, we consider that during the stay abroad you can take more advantage of the opportunity to learn from living together with your exchange friend and their family rather than attending theory classes in academies.
(3) Source: Europ-Assistance (broad insurance coverage: medical expenses, travel, liability, accidents, etc.)
(4) Source: average prices of several flight operators.
(5) It is considered that agencies propose three extra excursions (35€ average) to cover spare time at the weekends.
In the case of MyHOSTpitality.com, this amount will depend on the agreement that is made between the families to cover excursions and activities.
(6) The same amount is considered in both cases, although coexistence in the family likely reduces the MyHOSTpitality member’s expenses.
Introduce yourself and take part in the community.
Look for other members with similar interests and hobbies with whom you would like to make the exchange.
Send them a message, introduce yourself and identify if they are also interested.
Organize your exchange and complete the agreement with the other exchange member.
Travel and enjoy your cultural and linguistic exchange experience.
Upon your return, you will value the experiences of both your linguistic and cultural exchange and your exchange family.
We are currently working on adding new functions to the website. If you are interested, please leave us your registration details and we will notify you with future updates.
Also, we will inform you if there are other exchange members who might fit your profile so you can get started with organizing your exchange with them.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com