How can Skype help you to learn languages with MyHostpitality?
Skype Translator helps reach an agreement to learn languages.
The society we live in is every time more open due to the constant globalisation and internationalisation of enterprises and people. Because of it, it is more necessary each day to learn languages and contact people who are far from our ambient that talk different languages. Thanks to technology any barrier that society faces can be overcome due to Internet, which revolutionised the way of communicating among people from the first day.
As you already know, MyHostpitality is an online community built among 4.000 users from more than 60 countries. From all the people who are in our community not everyone has the same level in languages; this way, some of them will want to learn one, being ones who know a few and others who don’t understand the language. Due to this, there is a fear of not arranging a safe agreement.
To overcome this problem, we want to talk about the best weapon to fight the barrier between two people who speak different languages: Skype Translator.
¿What does Skype Translator consist of?
Skype is the worldwide app to make video calls. By the end of 2014 they started to make available a translator that works in real time. It is able to translate calls from Chinese, French, English, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Furthermore, it is able to translate texts from more than 50 languages.
Thanks to Skype Translator, there are no linguistic barriers anymore among relatives, friends or workmates. The President of Skype, Paul Gurdeep Pall, said “Skype Translator is the result of decades of investigation in recognising speeches, automatic translations and general technologies of machine learning, combined with an intense experience of the user.”
Microsoft, the owner of Skype, began the public use of Skype Translator with a conversation that was translated in real time between two schools from North America: Peterson School in Mexico City and Elemental School of Stafford in Tcoma, USA. Two girls from both schools were chosen to use the system for the first time. Thanks to this video we can see the first conversation.
How does Skype Translator work?
One of the principal advantages of Skype Translator is that it is very intuitive and easy to use for the Skype users and for the ones who use it for the first time. You only have to follow six steps:
- Choose the user you want to have a conversation with to learn languages.
- Choose balloon icon to activate Skype Translator.
- Select the language you want the other user to talk below his name, and in the list, choose the language to the one you want to translate meanwhile you chat with the person.
- Keep in mind that the use of earphones is the best way to understand the translation during a video call or phone call, because they keep the outside noise away from the conversation.
- Once initiated the call, the translation will start to work.
- Finally, you must remember that you have to talk very clearly to gain quality in the trnaslation and don’t forget that is necessary to wait for the translation to start.
Now you know, using Skype Translator you will be able to communicate with your invited or host and you will have the opportunity to learn languages with MyHostpitality. Do not forget that you have the possibility to consult any doubt on our email firstname.lastname@example.org and that you can follow us on our social networks:
Finally, we leave you here other entries to the blog, where you can learn languages easily.