LEARN SPANISH BY WORKING AS AN AU PAIR
Summer is approaching, holidays, the desire to rest, to travel and to do and learn new things, things we could not do during the rest of the year. One of the most favourite activities to do in summer is to travel and discover new experiences. Learn Spanish in summer is also another desired purpose when you have free time.
Well, these two things can be combined, you can go abroad, discover new places while learning Spanish or any other language enjoying a unique, fascinating and enriching experience. For it, being Au pair to learn Spanish and travel is the best choice.
Being Au-Pair in Summer is one of the best decisions you can take if you want to learn Spanish but, what is to be Au pair?
Au Pair is the term used to refer to a person that is temporarily living in another host country and that provides certain services such to the family that is hosting him/her such as helping with the children or teaching his/her native language to the family that host him/her. The au pair benefit from this by having free accommodation in the chosen country for the purpose of improving his/her language and learn more about the culture of the country.
Keep in mind that if you want to go to work as an Au pair and learn Spanish, you need to know the rules to avoid problems and, as we know that you do not like to read these documents, we have done a summary of the most relevant aspect. You can read it here: “Au Pair regulation”
Tips to learn Spanish during your homestay as Au-Pair
Reaching a new country and living with a new family can be all a real challenge, especially if it is the first time you do something like that.
First and most important is that you must have an open, positive and tolerant mind, in order to really take advantage of your Spanish learning during your Au Pair homestay. Then you can follow these tips we recommend:
- Speak all you can. Take off your shame and don’t be afraid of being wrong. Your Spanish host family will correct you and also will help you to learn more.
- Repeat everything you hear both, the old and the new words you hear in order to remain well your pronunciation.
- Program yourself. Organize your time: how much are you going to dedicate to speak with your host family to practice? how much time are you going to dedicate to study the language? To repeat the structure? To learn new vocabulary?
- Join a language school. By this way if you attend to particular classes, you will reinforce your learning, which you can implement with your host family.
- Go outside and practice the language with strangers. Meet new people and live everyday situations such as asking for an address, or buy a subway ticket, for instance. This will help you to lose the fear of speaking Spanish, to practice the language and understanding natives.
Here you have some tips that we propose you, if you want some more tips, we leave you more tips to learn Spanish being Au Pair (http://aupairenlondres.com/15-consejos-para-aprender-ingles/)
Once taken the decision of being Au Pair in summer while learning Spanish, the following is to decide how.
In order to achieve this goal, you have the online language exchanges community, MyHOSTpitality, where you can register for free, choose where you want to learn Spanish and see the hosts families that are available all over the country. If you like any of them, you can contact them and set together the conditions and dates of the language holiday.
With MyHOSTpitality the linguistic and cultural immersion is guaranteed, because the interest in this language exchange and language practice is mutual by both parties and the host family will integrate you within its framework of coexistence, treating you like a member of the family.
Look at this post, where a colleague tells you her experience as Au Pair. Is not great?
Don’t wait. Join MyHOSTpitality and enjoy this new experience!
Learning Spanish working as Au Pair with MyHOSTpitality.
We are waiting for you!