DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A LANGUAGE EXCHANGE WITH MYHOSTPITALITY AND AS AN AUPAIR
LET US TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO WAYS OF DOING A LANGUAGE EXCHANGE IN SPAIN
Learning Spanish while actually in Spain is a more and more frequent option among young people and professionals that want to learn Spanish while experiencing a linguistic and cultural immersion in Spain.
Most young people are opting to go the Au pair route in Spain but, there are more ways of travelling to Spain and learning the language such as through MyHOSTpitality.
Here we’re going to tell you about two ways of doing a language exchange in Spain: as an au pair or as a member of MyHOSTpitality.
Language exchange with Au pair:
An au pair is someone who, among other characteristics, has to be between 18 and 30, unmarried and not have children. They live for a fixed time with a host family in Spain and receive a small salary for providing help to the family like looking after the children, teaching them their language and doing some household chores in exchange for room and board for free. They also have the right to one day off a week as well as public holidays.
This option is normally chosen by students.
Language exchange with MyHOSTpitality:
It is carried out between two members of the MyHOSTpitality.com community. One of them offers accommodation to another member in exchange for practicing the native language of the member whom he/she is hosting. The guest member therefore has the opportunity to get to know the lifestyle, the culture and the language , of the country that he/she is visiting, with the benefit of accommodation in exchange. In return, the guest will share and practice his/her native language with the host member, as agreed.
With MyHOSTpitality you can organise your language exchange yourself, choosing your Spanish host family and agreeing the conditions of the stay and the time you will spend together with them directly. You will receive free accommodation just for teaching them your native language.
This option recommended for:
Adults and young people that want to get to know other cultures and/or reinforce their language learning by visiting other countries and living together with a native family.
The characteristics are:
- We highly recommend that the guest member should be over 18.
- Guest members of our community must have the following characteristics:
- Curiosity to know about other cultures.
- Open-minded attitude towards coexistence with people from other countries.
- “Enthusiasm” for teaching the native language.
And the benefits of being a guest member with MyHOSTpitality.com are:
- Minimum cost The guest member eliminates accommodation expenses (and meals, according to the agreement) in his/her destination.
- The members themselves decide with which other community members they want to make the linguistic exchange according to criteria of age, location, gender, hobbies, etc.
- Flexibility in dates. Members agree to the dates and duration of the linguistic exchange.
- Assured linguistic immersion. Interest in the linguistic exchange is mutual, which ensures the practice of the language by both parties.
- Assured cultural immersion. Host families integrate their guest members into their daily life. The guest shares activities, meals, customs, etc. with the host family therefore getting to know firsthand the culture of the country he/she is visiting.
In the following table we highlight the main differences between the two types of language exchanges for learning Spanish in Spain as an au pair or as a member of MyHOSTpitality:
| DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LANGUAGE EXCHANGES
FOR LEARNING SPANISH IN SPAIN
|You don’t work, you just have to teach your language and meet the agreed conditions||You have to work looking after the children and do household chores|
|You teach your language to any member of the family that would like to learn||You teach your language to children under 16|
|There’s no age limit||You must be between 18 and 30|
|There’s no set length of time, it’s up to you and the other family.||There’s a set length of time: a year|
Now you know the characteristics of both ways of learning Spanish in the country through a language exchange, what do you think? Do you fancy doing a linguistic exchange and going to Spain to learn Spanish with MyHOSTpitality?
If you have any questions, please get in touch, we will be happy to help. You can send us an email to info@myhostpitality or contact us through the social networks Facebook and Twitter.
We’re waiting for you!
Dejar un comentario