10 TIPS THAT YOU MUST FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO LEARN SPANISH
LEARN SPANISH FOLLOWING THIS TIPS
Languages are so important and nowadays, is necessary to know more than one. The Spanish language is in the TOP five of most spoken languages worldwide, that’s why from MyHOSTpitality, we want to facilitate anybody who wants to improve or learn Spanish this process with these basics tricks.
1. If you are trying to learn vocabulary, divide this words into different blocks, each block should be formed the maximum of 10 new words. Take your time to learn this words and don’t try to learn more than 35 new words peer day.
2. Try to repeat every new word or expression you hear. Repeating is the best way to learn not only Spanish but also any new language because you get, by this way, the correct pronunciation of a word.
3. Use mnemonics technics in order to facilitate the association of words to situations or to images and make it easier for you to learn this new language.
4. Write in small and colourful post-its new words you are learning and post them in different places of your house like the mirror, the fridge, the TV… by this way, you will learn Spanish double: first when writing, and second when looking the post-its.
5. Change the language of every display you have like your mobile, your TV, your laptop… so you will interiorize ordinary things such as write a WhatsApp, see your favourite TV series or even change some settings of your mobile.
6. Don’t forget to disconnect during some time a day, ¡don’t try to absorb everything in one month! Learning a language is difficult, thus you must take your time for it.
7. Set some goals. It is impossible to learn anything or work in a project if you don’t set some goals for a period of time. You have to set small ones that will allow you to score the main one. As we said above, don’t try to learn everything in one month because it’s impossible but, for example, you can set the goal of being able to know at least the verb tenses of 10 different verbs in 3 weeks.
8. Don’t be afraid to fail and speak all you can. Native people are going to help you and if you fail or if you get confused they are going to give you tips to let you improve.
9. Listen to Spanish music. There are many different Spanish groups and, some of them are well understandable. In addition, Spanish music has a very fresh sound and rhythm.
10. Try to make a group of Spanish friends or to learn Spanish in group classes, it is funnier! Each of you can correct the other and you can see in common your progress.
Once you know this 10 tips, here we leave you the main tricks you should use if you want to learn Spanish completely.
1. Learn Vocabulary with images and draws
It is easier if you are trying to learn new vocabulary to draw that vocabulary. If you don’t want to draw it, as you know the words in Spanish you can pick an image from the internet and you can try to fill the words.
2. Learn words that are part of the same “family”
Aim the seven words that correspond to the semantic field, wheel-shaped words on a sheet. Learn the words together.
3. Read clearly the questions with interrogative pronouns
Read a text several times. When reading it the first time, record only the answers to the question “who?”, The second time focus on the question “where?” And finally the questions “when?” And “what?”.
Once you have the answer, you will only have to think about the interrogative pronouns.
4. Learn verbs in chronological order
First, put the verbs and expressions in a chronological order.
Question and answer:
¿Qué hago primero? -> Me levanto
¿Qué viene después? -> Tomo el desayuno
¿Qué sucede al final? -> Voy a trabajar
Aim the words in strings of successive actions. Pay attention to the chains are not too long and Put them a title
5. Learn words in complete expressions
Record the expressions on cards and on the back of them write a sentence with the subject “I”.
Join our community, MyHOSTpitality, and practice these tips. We are waiting for you!